- Quick Setup (Step-by-Step)
- Advanced Options
- Tax Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
Tax – A Quick Guide Tax allows you as the merchant to impose tax charges on your buyer’s purchase. Configuring your Tax settings within your MonsterPay account will allow for itemized billing and automatic calculation of the final purchase amount.
This screen shows you all the available currencies in which you may trade on MonsterPay. It also displays all currently set up Tax Methods. To create a new Tax method, click on Add Tax button.
To create a new Tax method the following information is required, all fields are required:
- Name: The name of your Tax type (example: Global Tax)
- Description: The description of your Tax type (example: Tax for any purchase)
- Percentage Fee: The default Percentage Fee for this Tax type.
After you have given all the information simply click finish to complete setup. Your Tax Method is now working and available to your clients.
Note: If you did not select to make use of the default Percentage Fee, then your Tax Method will not work, you will first need to specify a Tax Option.
To view an existing Tax Method, select it by clicking on its name, description, method or pencil icon next to it. Advanced Options allows you to modify an existing Tax method. It allows you to change the name, description, default Percentage Fee, enable global Tax, and add and remove specific Tax Options.
The following fields can be edited:
In addition to editing the Tax Method you can also add a Tax Option. Tax Options specify different criteria on which to impose the Tax. (Example: If you have a different Percentage Fee for clients from Mongolia, you will create a Tax Option to reflect this.)
- Name: The Name of your Tax Method
- Description: The Description of your Tax Method
- Use Universal Option: Specifies if you wish to have a default Percentage Fee for this Tax Method which will be imposed on all countries
Adding A new Tax Option:
You are required to add the country and the Percentage Fee for the new Tax Option. The following fields input fields exists for a new Tax option:
After you have added this Tax Option you will see it listed under the Tax Method in its Advanced Options section, where you can edit its values, or remove it permanently.
- Country (Required): The Country for which this Percentage Fee is to be imposed on.
- State: The State if any, for which this Percentage Fee is to be imposed on. Leave Empty if this option is for any State within the Country.
- City: The City if any, for which this Percentage Fee is to be imposed on. Leave Empty if this option is for any city within the State.
- ZipCode: The ZipCode if any, for which this Percentage Fee is to be imposed on. Leave Empty if this option is for any zipcode within the City.
- Percentage Fee (Required): The Percentage Fee, which will be used for this specific Tax option.
a Tax Option is a specific instance in which your Tax will be applied and is added under an existing Tax Method. a Tax Option allows you to specify a country, state, city and zip code on which the Tax Method will be imposed.
a Tax Option is composed of 5 fields:
- Country: The Country which the Tax Option is for.
- State: The State which the Tax Option is for.
- City: The City which the Tax Option is for.
- ZipCode: The Zipcode which the Tax Option is for.
- Percentage Fee: The Percentage Fee which will be imposed on those who meet the criteria of the Tax Option.
How is Tax calculated on my products?
Tax is charged as a percentage on either the total products purchased, or the total products purchased including the shipping fees.
How many types of Tax can I impose on a single basket?
You may only add 1 Tax Method per Currency.
What is Universal Tax the Universal Percentage Fee, the Global Percentage Fee or the Default Percentage Fee?
The Universal Tax option allows you to impose the Tax Percentage Fee on any countries not currently specified in the Tax Method’s Tax Options.
What happens if I do not wish to use the Universal Percentage Fee?
If you do not use the Universal Percentage Fee; Tax will only be calculated and made available for countries which you have specified for the Tax. If you have for example only specified South-Africa in the Tax, someone with a delivery address which is not listed as South-Africa will not be given the Tax option.
Tax Method: The Tax Method is the actual tax type, which will be applied to a buyer’s purchase.
Tax Option: The Tax Option is a sub-set of the Tax Method, which allows you to specify a country, state, city and zip code for which the Tax Method (and its associated fees) will be applied.
Setup Bulk Shipping
Setup Bulk Insurance
Setup Bulk Tax